Windsor Forest bowmen were delighted to have their patron, The Duke of Edinburgh, come to Home Park to officially open our new clubhouse.
The Duke has visited the club several times since he became the club’s patron back in 1951 but this latest visit strengthened the relationship even further as he unveiled a plaque which officially opened the Duke of Edinburgh Archery Centre.
The Duke was welcomed by a host of dignitaries including the Lord Lieutenant of Berkshire and the Mayor of Windsor & Maidenhead as he took a tour of the new facilities and met several club members, young and old, before handing out some awards.
Visitors to the club for this summer’s Windsor at Windsor tournament as well as the Berkshire County Championships will no doubt be equally delighted to see the new facilities and flushing loos which at long last replace the old clubhouse.
Club president Chris Johnston made a heartfelt speech in which he welcomed the Prince and thanked all those who have helped the new centre become a reality and we look forward to the chance to show our new facilities to visitors and new recruits as we grow our club.